MSc students are invited to apply for research initiation grants offered by the CIEMAT-FP group to carry out end of master projects in the academic year 2016-2017 within the research lines of the group. The deadline for applications is September 30th, 2016.
CIEMAT-FP participates in large international experiments at the forefront of knowledge and technology in Particle and Astroparticle Physics, Cosmology, detector R&D and Scientific Computing. These are the research lines:
- Hadron Collider Physics at the Energy Frontier with the CMS experiment at LHC (CERN).
- Neutrino oscillation physics in the Double Chooz (France), WA105 (CERN) and DUNE (Fermilab) experiments.
- Direct search for dark matter with the ArDM experiment at the Canfranc underground laboratory and DarkSide at LNGS.
- Cosmic-ray physics with the AMS experiment at the International Space Station.
- Very-high energy gamma-ray astronomy with the Cerenkov Telescope Array (CTA) at Observatorio del Roque de los Muchachos (ORM).
- Dark energy studies with DES at Cerro Tololo and PAU at ORM building extensive galaxy surveys.
- Galaxy evolution: its relation with molecular cloud and star formation and the role of high energy processes in the context of the Starbursts (Estallidos) project.
- Detector R&D: development and tests of muon detectors and highly segmented calorimeters for LHC upgrade and future particle colliders (CMS & CALICE).
- Data-intensive high throughput computing at the Worldwide LHC Computing Grid (WLCG). Development and integration of distributed and highly parallel computing technologies.
- Call of the grants including necessary requisits, monetary award, deadlines, registration of applications, evaluation criteria and selection decision.
- Application form