CIEMAT OPEN HARDWARE (OHL)
With the aim of dissemination and knowledge sharing to the society, the Particle Physics Engineering group within the technology transfer activies has created the CIEMAT Open Hardware site (CIEMAT-OHL) through which we publish some of the hardware designs made by our team in the spirit of sharing them openly with the society. The goal is that this designs, in case they are useful beyond our team, could be used by anyone.
The conditions of use for the public designs can be seen below. This conditions governs the use, copying, modification and distribution of hardware design documentation, and the manufacture and distribution of products. Anyone downloading or using these designs should have accepted them.
CIEMAT-OHL intends to be to hardware similar to what the General Public Licence (GPL) is to software, with similar conditions under which a licensee will be able to use or modify the licensed material. The concept of ‘open-source hardware’ or ‘open hardware’ is not yet as well known or widespread as the free software or open-source software concept. However, it shares the same principles: anyone should be able to see the source (the design documentation in case of hardware), study it, modify it and share it. In this way, we ensure that the whole community will continue benefiting from the work developed at our center, reverting our work in the benefit of the society.
- CIEMAT OHL PROJECTS
- USE CONDITIONS OF HARWARE DESIGN CIEMAT OHL
- IPC board (electronic board for the fanout of 72 optical links @ < 2 Gbps)
- Liquidarles de AVOLAR (electronic board for the monitoring and control of temperature, pressure, criogenic liquid sensor and electro-valves)
- Motor_PCB2 (PCB for controlling two step motors through the TM262-BOB60 v1.2 drivers).
- FRESCA (PCB for plugging into a FMC XM105 board that plugs in a Xilinx Virtex 6 evaluation board and converts into other IDC connector types the available signals. The firmware can be used for testing cables continuity).
- VMEPATCH (VME 6U PCB for VME bus expansion into J2 backplane).
- MTXRX (PCB for conversion of 240-480 Mbps copper links into optical links).
- FE Signal splitter (PCB for dividing 16 pseudo-LVDS signals into 50%-50%).
- LEVELTR (VME 6U PCB for multiple electrical signal levels conversion). In progress
- PATGEN (VME 6U PCB for fanout of two selectable LVDS input into 128 selectable LVDS outputs). In progress
- VANP (Variable Amplitude Nanosecond Pulser, PCB for the generation of controlled amplitud, nanosecond width pulses). In progress.
CIEMAT has developed a hardware design (technical equipment) that, in compliance with Article 37 of Law 14/2011, of June 1, of Science, Technology and Innovation, wishes to offer, in open access, to any potential user, subject to the acceptance of the following conditions:
- The user will be allowed to use, copy, modify, communicate or distribute the hardware design object of this authorization, free of charge.
- The user assumes all responsibility regarding the use of the design, against CIEMAT and against third parties who may be harmed by such use, keeping CIEMAT harmless against any claim, consequence, direct or indirectly, of the design use.
- The user will have to mention CIEMAT, as developer of the design, in any publication, or communication of any type, which makes use of this hardware design.
- When the design modification planned by the user is of such a nature that permits to recognize a different design, the user will inform CIEMAT.
- The CIEMAT does not guarantee the precision nor the accuracy of the specifications associated to the design, and reserves the right to modify, withdraw or replace it, on its website, without prior notice.